MPI - Winter Tire Program
As part of our dedication to providing high quality, affordable tires, West End Tire is a proud accredited participating retailer of the MPI Winter Tire Program.
The Winter Tire Program provides low-interest financing to eligible Manitobans at prime plus two (2%) per cent, on up to $2,000.00 per vehicle. This financing can be used for the purchase of qualifying winter tires and associated costs from participating retailers.
To be eligible for the MPIC Winter Tire Program, you must:
- Be an individual (not corporate) Manitoba Public Insurance Customer;
- Purchase qualifying winter tires for a passenger vehicle or light truck (gross vehicle weight under 4541 kg), registered under your name.
- Have no financing restrictions or outstanding arrears on your Manitoba Public Insurance account.
Check your eligibility quickly and easily with MPIC’s eligibility confirmation tool.
Eligible tires will display this symbol, as endorsed by Transport Canada and must appear on the list of eligible tires. It indicates that the tires have met specific snow traction performance requirements and are designed to be used in severe snow conditions.
Financing can be applied to the purchase of eligible winter tires. Customers financing eligible winter tires may also receive financing on associated costs including:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- addition of studs to tires (some limitations apply)
- mounting and balancing
- storage costs (if paid during initial purchase)
- switchover costs (if paid during initial purchase)
- wheel alignment
- nitrogen fill
- valve stems
- shop supplies
- applicable taxes and fees
Eligible products and services financed for the same eligible vehicle can be made from multiple retailers.
Please determine your eligibility for the program by visit the following link for full program details,
then visit West End Tire and select your tires. West End Tire will confirm your eligibility and complete the loan authorization. You will be asked to:
- provide your vehicle registration certificate and your driver’s licence or identification card
- select a financing term between one and four years and a monthly payment withdrawal day
- choose between using the existing banking or credit card information on your Manitoba Public Insurance account, or have your Autopac agent contact you for the information
- provide your phone number and preferred Autopac agent
- read and sign the loan information (including applicable interest rate), Preauthorized Payment Agreement, promissory note and terms and conditions
- West End Tire will fax your signed application to your Autopac agent.
We are proud to be in partnership with MPIC and their Winter Tire Program, because your safety is important to us! Come visit us at our Dugald Road or Brookside Blvd locations and let us help you get winter tires so you can reduce your risk on winter roads.